CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day and Anniversary

Happy Father's Day Brad.

The pictures are a little out of order but this year for Father's day Brad got some delicious food (one of his favorite things) Okay I know I look like the head chef in these pictures...but I have to give Brad his due credit, he helped out alot. I can't cook as well without him.
Thanks for helping with your special dinner Brad. We made pizza pockets for dinner. They have a more original italian name but I can't remember what it is right now. I had this shirt made for Brad
For dessert I made a French Puff Pastry with Pastry cream and strawberries. This was my first experience making Puff Pastry. Take my word for it. It takes a little more time than I think it was worth. I think I'll just order it at a bakery next time.



Just a couple of Fun Pictures to share


This is Tessa, our good friends Leo and Elizabeth's little girl. She is a big sister now. We went to visit after their new baby was born and brought her this little horse. She loved it. We love Tessa, and are certain to love baby Sadie just as much.


My neighbor and friend Nancy from across the street in Canada came by for a visit one weekend in June. Thanks for making the trip Nancy.


Happy Anniversary!!! Two years for the Tews.



Here were are in the windy city Chicago. We went there for 2 days to celebrate our anniversary.
We went to the Shedd Aquarium and the Chicago Art institute. It was a wonderful trip. Brad is the most incredible vacation planner, if he doesn't like dentistry maybe he could be a travel agent/tour guide. He had everything all worked out, from navigating around the city, to transportation, accommodations, dining, and entertainment. Boy am I ever glad that he loves to research and figure out all of those details, because that is not a gift I was blessed with. Thanks Brad for an awesome weekend and an awesome two years as well.


American Gothic anyone? A stunning likeness isn't it?

We took this shot to commemorate my 6 month milestone. For the most part I feel great, but I have to say that my feet were absolutely throbbing by the end of this day.


This was the most incredible Italian meal I have had in a long time at a restaurant called Gioco. They were so sweet and brought us a complimentary creme brulee for dessert. If you are looking for a great restaurant in Chicago, you're sure to enjoy this place. The service was incredible, as soon as we finished anything our dirty plates were picked up and the next course piping hot arrived. We left feeling fat and happy.

This was one of our favorite pieces in the museum. It is a pointilism titled A Sunday on La Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat.
Oooo Candy. Get this, this giant pile of candy was an piece of art in the Chicago Art Institute. You are supposed to take a piece of candy and eat it in an unusual place. Interesting art exhibit right. However I will report that I really liked the candy. Is there sugar in candy....then yes, I like it.



Here is Brad's favorite type of chameleon. They had an awesome lizard exhibit in the Shedd Aquarium.
Behold the Komodo King!
Here I am at the aquarium. We realized while we were at the aquarium that it is becoming a little of a tradition for us on our anniversary. We went snorkling on our honeymoon, on our 1st anniversary we went to the aquarium in Seattle, and this year we checked out the Aquarium in Chicago. Anyone know of any other great aquariums we could go to next year? Actually don't answer that, next year we will probably have to settle with the fish tanks at Wal-mart I think it will be a little bit more difficult to get away with a small child. Who knows.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

hey i can't post comments

Rebecca said...

Well what do you know it accepted my comment. I'm so excited. I have been trying to leave one since you started your blog and to no avail. It sounds like you had a great time in the windy city. I miss you we really need to get together. You are absolutely adorable with your little prego belly.

Landon said...

Hey Hey whats happenin? Jessica just told me that you found me and I screamed like a little girl....Ha... I have thought about trying to contact you guys for the longest time now. I miss you so much... I see that your getting old now- you bought a recliner! Nice! Hey so I want to call you sometime and catch up... Congrats on the little baby girl... email me your digits landon.hedgepeth@gmail.com
Talk to you later...

Suzy Hicks said...

Britt, what an informative post....I love it! You look adorable pregnant as well. I really love the candy pile art exhibit, whoever thought of that is a genius indeed. Love you tons.