CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

2nd Annual Camping Trip at Lake Michigan

We went on our 2nd annual camping trip to the Indiana Dunes at Lake Michigan. We made the trip last year and had so much fun that we decided to do it again. This time I wasn't 3 weeks away from having a baby, so it was a little more comfortable, though not quite as relaxing since we were busy chasing Anna around and keeping her from danger. She seemed to have a really good time though, and didn't mind sleeping in the tent. Sadly it rained during the night, but at least our tents kept us dry and safe. I guess this will be our last trip since we won't live here next summer.

Leo and Paul were kind enough to scroung up some firewood. They dragged this in to camp from the side of the road. Thanks guys.


Since Anna couldn't walk yet we started the trip out carrying her around. But it didn't take long to decide that a little dirt wouldn't kill her. And she loved to play in it.



Mmmmm, pancakes, tortillas and eggs, juice, fruit and muffins for breakfast. I said we were camping I didn't say we were roughing it:)


Who said you had to be a boy to enjoy playing in the dirt?


The kids sure had alot of fun!!!









So did the boys. Here is Matt trying to catch seagulls with pizza.



Lazy day at the beach. It was a little bit windy and cold. Most of the girls stayed on the shore while the guys played in the huge waves.









Anna thought she was such a big girl sitting on her own camping chair. She was the cutest bug we saw on our trip.

I think my favorite part of camping is sitting around the campfire talking at night. Maddy and I made this really fun sculpture out of those balloons you squeeze out of a tube and blow up with a straw. I never made them as a kid so I made up for it around the campfire.


1 comments:

Suzy Hicks said...

I'm so glad you had fun, but I'm going to be honest (brutally honest because I'm your BFF) camping looks like torture to me! The world needs people like you and your fam. to keep the wilderness a thrivin'. Thank you!