CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Who would have thought there was a beautiful beach in Indiana?

After learning that Indiana had a beautiful beach and sand dunes on Lake Michigan we decided that we had better go check it out. For those of you who may not know Brad well I will tell you that he is a fish, and loves to be in the water. When Brad and I first met at Ricks College in the summer of 2000 we spent every day together on a fun swimming adventure. And neither of us can resist a great weekend with lots of friends and good food. So we planned a camping trip to Lake Michigan and invited a bunch of people to come along. Even though my doctor wasn't keen on the idea of me going camping at 36 weeks we figured that we'd be okay so long as we took along 3 medical residents for backup.

The turn out was great, and the weather was co-operative. We set up camp, lit a fire to cook up our tinfoil dinners, and sat around and ate and talked until the camp warden came and asked us to keep it down. After a good sleep we awoke to a special group breakfast of "Tortillas & Eggs" and Pancakes. Next it was off to the beach for some swimming. The water was surprisingly comfortable. We had a great time. On the way home several of the families stopped at Fair Oaks Dairy Farm. The kids had a blast playing on all of the fun toys and trampolines. Then we watched a very...how shall I say...educational display of two cows giving birth. I'm not sure if it made me more excited or more disturbed about giving birth myself. I prefer not to think too hard about it. I am going to have an epidural anyways. To wrap things up we had some delicious icecream and finished our journey home.

We can hardly wait until next year when we can go again. Then we will have a kid of our own to tag along and play with. Thanks to everyone who came along and made our trip a success.

5 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip and also that Bradley's birthday was a success! :) Good to know that Indiana has a beach... I think I actually might have driven by it on my way up to Kalamazoo in 2005.

Tanya said...

i am so glad i found your blog. i lost the address or something. anyway can't wait to see pictures of that baby that's on the way! you look great!

The Wyler Family said...

looks like a ton of fun. i went on a trip at 36 weeks too and my doctor wasn't too excited, but figured david might know what to do if anything happened. :)

i can't wait to hear when your little one arrives. i can't believe how close it is. i'm so excited for you guys!

Roseanne said...

Wow, 10 days left! I bet you can't wait! I can't wait to see little baby pictures up on your blog.

Scott and Jamie said...

Looks like you guys all had a blast, we wish we could've made it, but hopefully some other time. I think we have the exact same maternity swimsuit! Gotta love Motherhood Maternity.